Sunday, November 1, 2009

For Raju

From the temple of my beloved, I did roam,
To the house of the Lord from where I was thrown.
Wandering Babas invited me to smoke and talk,
When money was asked, from this place I did walk.
Then a Sadhu urged me to sit and drink chai,
But even this place I knew was not mine.
Searching, searching from each holy place to the next,
I found an empty chair where I decided to rest.
And there standing before me was the God of my temple,
Where I am always invited and the truth is simple
"To merge with the divine one must cease to covet,
For always united in One is the lover and her beloved."

Pushkar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful Yamuna. Did not know there dwelled a poetess within you. Hope alls well :)

rohit said...

Sorry, that was me.

Caroline said...

Yamuna, among many things, I now find you to be a poet too! "truth is simple"